Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Here I Am

Wow.
so here it is. my very first blog. I hope i'm not a sorry blogger. I hope I something worthwhile to say. I hope I'm not wasting your time. no pressure.

Well, things are always interesting in our house.
For months I was job hunting, seriously in need of work. For months I got shot down for being over qualified (thats so lame) or for being too expensive...or just the "we think you are great, but we're going in another direction," line. That one is my personal favorite. So for months now we've been living on one income and God is totally providing for us....really the numbers don't add up. We should be in the hole, we are here with surplus.

Last week I was offered a job. Of course, now that I don't "need" one. That's how it works right? It is a significant amount of money. That's always nice. but oh yeah, money isn't everything. The hours suck, the demand-a little much for this mom content to stay at home. I really struggled with this one folks. Maybe for you it would be an easy decision one way or the other. I am, however, the queen of the flip-flop. I finally managed to translate this feeling: if I am so uneasy then I need to say no. I said yes. I am a stubborn one. So I am glad that God is loud with me.

My would be boss called me after she heard I accepted the position. She wanted to make sure that I was perfectly clear on the time demand of this job. She wasn't trying to disuade me, but I know that God was. "Hello, are you listening??? THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU!!!"

ok ok I get it now. I resigned today.

I'm still praying God will bring something my way...something that does not require the sacrifice of my family. I know that He will continue to provide for us. Afterall, doesn't everything belong to Him?

No comments: