Friday, October 05, 2007

the color purple

I've been a mom for 5 years now. I promised myself I would never say things like, "Do you want me to give you something to cry about?" or "Because I said so, that's why!" or "this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you," or "one day you'll thank me for this."

There are a few times when a couple of these have slipped out on occasion. Sometimes just to be funny, sometimes seriously. But here are a few things I never imagined I'd hear myself say....

"Why did you paint the table with yogurt?"
"Why did you use sidewalk chalk to color your sister's face?"
"No, you cannot use Nova (the dog) as your horse if you dress up like a cowgirl."

and today I uttered these words...

"Why is the dog purple???"
...for the love...now I must bathe the dang dog.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So, why is the dog purple? BTW... have you heard of the "William Tell" mom on You Tube? You should check it out, it's pretty funny. She fit every mom-ism into that overture...it's pretty cute.