Friday, June 06, 2008

Things I Learned Today

Here are a few things I learned today:

1. Making sandwhiches for 450 people takes a LOT of bread. 34.615 loaves to be exact.

2. When buying all of that bread along with 20 packs of bologna, equal parts cheese, 150 hotdogs and buns to hold them, 15 bags of chips, and peanut butter and jelly, people look at you like you are a little crazy.

3. If you are shopping at a GIGANTIC store your children will need to pee. More than once....at different times....

4. When you finally get to check out the sacker will wonder how 5 people will eat so much food, but he'll only ask you if you want paper or plastic.

5. Once all of your food has been scanned and its time to pay, when you pull out twenty-one $25 gift cards, the checker will really look at you like you've lost your mind and like you are ruining her day.

6. The Fiesta Mart on W.34th has no more white bread, bologna, american cheese, hot dogs, or hot dog buns, so shop somewhere else today.

6 comments:

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

I hate to laugh at your expense, but I needed that! Please tell me you were shopping for VBS, or VBX as some churches are calling it now b/c the "S" in school is not so cool to the kiddos anymore.

monique said...

So very funny!

Melissa said...

Ha! You're a brave one, Jen! If I were the checker, I definitely would've asked... I'm too nosey.

casey said...

haha... i like the last one.

jen said...

I love that you attempted that WITH KIDS!!! You are one brave Momma! :) I'm thinking you're lucky to have only had two potty breaks! :) Did you bring them along to push extra carts?! :) I can see it...Ha!

Jen said...

yes, it was to feed kids after a sports camp at the church.

yes, sydney was in charge of the bread cart. Seriously, a large cart filled to the brim with nothing but hotdog buns and bread.

good times