Thursday, January 14, 2010

Help for Haiti

Welcome to the Official Store

It's been terribly hard for me to watch the news and see all the images of the devastation in Haiti. It is already the poorest nation in the western hemisphere, but this kind of devastation is just so much more than it can handle. Not much has changed there in last 12 years. That was the last time I set foot on Haitian soil, and it feels like it was just yesterday. I've been longing to return since then, but haven't had the opportunity. I miss the friends I made there, the simplicity of life, the awesome worship, the grateful hearts of this beautiful people.

So it's been more than I can stomach to see pics of dead children being loaded into the back of a pick up truck, and dead bodies lining city streets. ugh.

New Missions, in the Leogane plain, was about 10 miles west of the epicenter of the quake. New Missions has 21 churches, a medical clinic, 21 preschools, 21 elementary schools, a High School, a Bible college, business school, and a Missions Training Center for hosting visiting teams.Two elementary schools, two churches, the clinic, and main office are damaged beyond repair.


HOW CAN YOU HELP?

You can donate to New Missions by clicking a link below.
Help Haiti T When you purchase one of these shirts for $25, the full amount goes to supporting ministries in Haiti.

REAL HOPE FOR HAITI: These are fabulous people who run a rescue center and clinic. Last I heard two trucks had pulled up full of injured people needing help. I have heard that their biggest need is money to buy food. Already food prices have doubled and this is going to cause a big problem all over Haiti. RHFH has a paypal button that you can donate to (click HERE & scroll to bottom of page), or you can mail a check to: RHFH – PO BOX 23 – Elwood, IN 46036. Please follow Licia & Lori’s blogs to stay up to date. (thanks to Jamie Ivey for the info on RHFH)

COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL: I have sponsored children through Compassion in the past and trust them to use your donations to the best of their ability. For a $35 donation you can help a family receive every sort of disaster relief they might need in this first critical week. If you have a Compassion child in any country, and especially Haiti, I ask that you consider this.

The beautiful thing through all of this is to hear reports that in the middle of such tragedy people are still worshiping the Lord. God has not changed! Tim @ New missions said he could hear villagers singing as they made their way to safety. And Kristen said, "Last night about 200 people in this neighborhood gathered in a large field, and I could hear them singing worship songs as I tried to sleep. At every tremor, the singing got louder."

These people though they have lost what little they had to begin with are still worshiping! How often do we whine and complain to God when we don't get our way? How often do we take for granted simple things like running water, grocery stores, divided highways? May we learn to worship like these Haitians!

No comments: