In the wake of all the stomach virus passing in the family, Riley fell victim the day before a birthday party for her buddy Riley S. Normally we'd have just made a run to Target and grabbed some random gift, but since she missed the party and it's Spring Break, she opted to help build her friend a doll bed.
Riley helped organize all the pieces, used the nail gun, helped with the sanding and the painting. She did a pretty good job, especially with the painting. I really just had to go behind her and get all the little corners. We went with a dark pink base coat, then a light pink top coat. Then sanded and roughed it up a little and let the dark pink come through.
Then we added a piece of thin plywood and used spray adhesive to attach the fabric, sewed a little pillow and blankie and were done! I think her friend will really enjoy it!
3 comments:
AWESOME JOB!!!!
YAY!!! I saw this on ana's new site!!! :)
Worked out alright, didn't it? Only you and I will know the challenges you overcame.
Post a Comment