Sunday, May 01, 2011

Fabulous Refried Beans

Refried Beans

And now the moment you all (all 4 of you) have been waiting for..........

I am certain that the way I make refried beans is not "correct", but it works for us and they taste good so I don't really care if the are authentic enough.

I use a full bag of pinto beans (rinsed first and picked through to make sure there are no bad beans or rocks).

In a large pot add beans and then add enough water to cover the beans by 3 inches. Bring to a boil. While you are waiting on it to come to a boil, chop and onion, and a jalapeño or two (removing seeds), cilantro, a few cloves of garlic, and a pack of bacon. Add it all to the pot. Once it comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 2 hours. When the beans are soft take a potato masher and go to town. Depending on how much water is left in your pot you may need to add a little more or cook it down a little more. Its really that easy and they are really really yummy!!!!

No comments: