So of course on the way home from church the testing of my patience begins. The 4 year old is the offender...I love 4 year olds. No really, they are the best. Really. They can disobey AND talk back! I actually said the words, "Don't make me pull this car over!"...and she made me. I don't make empty promises. After pushing the reset button, we got back on the road.
We got home, ate lunch, and I put her cranky, disobedient behind down for a nap. It was a nap she refused to take. The disobedience continued and so did the discipline. Oh good times. After that she finally got her act together for the rest of the evening. As I put her to bed and we said prayers she apologized to Jesus and to me for being rude and disobedient. She asked for help to obey and to listen and to be kind and loving.
This morning she performed for me a song she wrote in the shower last night. It's called, "Listen to your Mom and Dad". I guess I am getting through to her.
Enjoy.
1 comment:
so cute!
Post a Comment