
Tonight was family night at Chick-Fil-A. The girls love to go there, so off we went. The "cow" was there. I use the term "cow" loosely. After dinner and playtime and a craft that took Sydney FOREVER to complete, we had ice cream and a very interesting conversation about the "cow" in question.
This is what we know:
1. It is a cow.
2. It is not a "real" cow.
Then I hear these words, "C'mon, Mom, you be the Mom. You know the answer, you know what's going on here!"
Well, of course I do, let's not be silly. But it's so much more fun to play dumb and see if she can figure it out.
"Sydney, how can it be a cow and not be real? Is it a pretend cow?"
"No, Mom, its a cow, but its not real."
"If its not real, then how does it walk around?"
"they just make it to do that."
"Does it look like a cow?" asks Daddy.
"Yes"
"Does it smell like a cow?"
"a little"
"Does it talk like a cow?"
"well, I said hi, but he wasn't talking back to me cause I'm a stranger to him."
"Does it give milk like a cow?"
" I think he might."
"then I think it must be a cow, Syd."
"I know its a cow, but its not a real cow."
"Do you think the cow is like Santa?"
"No."
"Do you think the cow is like a Halloween costume?" (at this point we're trying to help her out a little)
"no. Well that cow stands up like a person, but its not a person its a cow."
hmmm....
"Is the cow a huge stuffed animal that came to life?"
"No."
"Is the cow a robot?"
"No."
So I tell her to go to the counter and ask someone who works here about the cow.
"I need to know what's going on here. Is the cow real or pretend?"
Alex kindly replies, "Oh, he is very real! We bring him in from the pasture. And we pay him with brownies!"
"Well how does he get here?"
"We bring him on the trailer."
"How come he can stand up tall?"
"We sent him to cow school to learn that neat trick. It's cool isn't it?"
"Ok, thanks."
Syd, then turns to me and says, "I don't think that's the truth."
And so at the end of the day she is no closer to a conclusion about said cow. But we still know that it is indeed a cow, just not a real one.
4 comments:
These kinds of conversations are exactly why I am losing brain cells on a daily basis.
so here's a cow update.
Again it was suggested to Sydney that this cow might just be a person in a cow costume. She immediately dismissed that as an option....again. Maybe it's because the cow is like 7 feet tall and shes never seen a person that big, so it just doesn't register?
But her reason why it was not a person was, "cause it just has a little bit of bones, if it was a person it there it would have more."
sure kid, whatever you say.
That kid is cute...and a little nuts. She couldn't have gotten that from MOM huh??? Plus...did you actually SEE inside the cow...maybe it wasn't a person after all, I mean that fact that it has "just a little bit of bones" tells me that maybe it's a fish,(perhaps a very large carp?) or maybe a turkey...(the turkey wants to sell chicken just like the cow...as a diversion!). Just a thought.
OMG! That is the funniest blog we have ever read! Monty and I were cracking up the whole time! I love it! Can't wait till we have those conversations with our future children...
Keep up the good work mom!
Jess and Monty
Post a Comment