
Sydney was up at 6:30 this morning, she got dressed, made her bed, ate her breakfast, brushed her teeth and hair, grabbed her backpack, packed up all of her belongings and moved away from home.
She was cracking me up as we walked to school this morning. Reluctantly, very reluctantly she would hold a hand to cross the street. As soon as we were to the other side she'd have nothing to do with that. I thought she might want to hold my hand instead of Daddy's. She gave me a look like, "Um, you must be crazy. I'm not a baby, and I'm not going to be seen holding anyone's hand."
We walked behind her to her class, she hung up her backpack, went inside, got her name tag and sat down at a table to read some books. I really don't think she would have even told us goodbye but I gave her a look like, "um hello? I don't care how big you think you are you will be giving me a hug and a kiss goodbye." And she did. I am proud to say that I did not cry. That is saying a lot considering I've got insane amounts of hormones coursing through this pregnant body of mine.
3 comments:
She looks so cute in her first day outfit. I'm glad to hear that y'all were all brave today. :)
how cute!! i love her haircut! i remember my first day of kindergarten... she is such a big girl now!
How did you not cry? Oh my gosh, I'm crying just reading about Syd's first day, and Grace is not even going to Kindergarten until next year!
Where are the pics of that new baby? I hear she is a cutie and I want to bring you guys some food!
Post a Comment