Monday, September 01, 2008

Tribute to a 1 Year Old

I am really having a hard time believing that my baby is one! Its pretty unreal that its happened so fast. One year ago I was walking around a hospital with Bobby doing church hospital visits. We parked far out and unknowingly on the opposite side we needed to be at. On the way home to get Sydney from school, we stopped at my mom's to get the Roo. While there, my water broke! So my parents picked up Syd and we went to the hospital. After waiting 4 hours for my contractions to pick up, we decided to induce labor. One epidural and 30 minutes later Kinsey was born. I told my doctor, start the epidural, start the pitocin, go get a cup of coffee, and come back and we'll be ready to go. And it really was about that fast. The doctor did a great job standing there coaching while Bobby handled the delivery. He did a great job the second time around also.

I was just looking at pictures and saw some of Bobby attending a baby shower for me the Sunday after she was born. Kinsey and Sydney were both 3 weeks early and I missed a shower for each of them. I think its funny that he got to go to them and open a bunch of girly gifts. That makes me smile.

Here's a few pics from then, and a few from now:



4 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Kinsey!!! She is so beautiful! :)

Bobby D said...

What ever do you mean? I love baby showers. I wish I could be a professional babyshower attender.

Brian and Ellie said...

What beautiful children you have, Jen. Thanks for writing on my blog! I'm glad to see yours.

casey said...

she is very cute. she has great eyes! she looks like Sydney, I think.