I was tagged by Melissa to share with the blooging world the many randomocities of Jen.
Here are the tagging rules:
Post the rules on your blog
Write 6 random things about yourself
Tag 6 people at the end of your post
If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
My randomness:
1. I have a terrible habit of nail biting. As a kid my parents tried all sorts of remedies including some finernail polish stuff that makes your fingers taste so gross you won't bite them. Clearly that was unsuccessful. I have tamed the habit a bit, but am still a cuticle picker. nasty nasty habit. and as I type this, Sydney is picking at her nails.
2. When Bobby and I first started dating, all of our mutual friends figured it would only last a week or two. They knew that Bobby was wild and crazy and loud and they knew how much those qualities would annoy me. Thankfully they were mostly wrong.
3. Sometimes I feel like a lousy example when I won't let my kids eat french fries or McDonalds crapola, but I usually supersize my fries instead of getting the healthy option I make the kids get.
4. I cannot bake cakes. Cookies and pies I can do. I suck at cakes. I would love to be able to make cakes like on Ace of Cakes, but right now I'd be satisfied with a double layer chocolate cake with chocolate icing that both looks and tastes good. Note to all of the diabetics out there..**Splenda for baking does not taste the same!!!**
5. I hate cleaning, but somedays mess just bothers me. consequently I spent 3.5 hours on my hands and knees scrubbing the tile floor last night. The regular mop just wasn't doing the trick. If you've been to our house you know that's a lot of tile. MY BACK IS KILLING ME TODAY!
6. I may have a twin somewhere in the houston area. Have you ever met her? I've heard about her, seen a photo of her, but never met her. Since I am adopted it isn't 100% impossible. Some good friends at HBU saw her at a frat party one night and were convinced it was me and that I was being incredibly rude acting like I didn't know them. These people would not have been easily fooled. The following summer she was again spotted at the Hobby Lobby that I worked at doing framing. I had a day off, she came in to buy some framing stuff and my coworkers went up to her to ask her/me why I was there on my day off. Her perplexed look told them that she was not me.
At the bridal extravaganze in 2000 I saw a photo on the photographers showcase isle that made me stop in my tracks....me in a dress not my own, with a guy not my own. It was her! I should have tracked down the photog and found out who she was, but didn't. Then most recently (2 years ago) one of our crossbridge students was at a volleyball tournament and saw her. She was coaching a team from Northbrook. The student went up to her/me to say hi, but stopped short of doing so cause she was pretty sure I wasn't that tall. and as it turns out, I'm not. How's that for WIERD!!!?
So who's next?
How about:
1. Tim Barosh
2. S.B.
3. Terry Smith, I'd like to know more about you!
4. Ellie, cause I miss you and you need to post more!
5. Iris
and last but not least....
6. Bobby, in all your spare time....
5 comments:
Funny thing about nail biting... I had this neighbor growing up that had the same habit and I thought she was so cool, so I tried several times to get into the habit, but it didn't stick. :P
The twin thing is so cool!!! I hope you do get to meet her one day, it seems like y'all have crossed each other's paths quite a bit... :D
Regarding #5, get a Hoover Floormate. It works GREAT and I don't know where my family would be without it (note: I would be fine, it's my daughter and hubby who would be homeless!).
you have to find out if you have a twin! that is so weird that she has been spotted so many times! i wonder if people have seen you and thought you were her?
Erin, I'm unsure how long a hoover floormate would hold up cleaning nearly 2000 sqft of hard flooring several times a week....is it that good? does it take forever?
Thanks for the blog-love Jen! I'll play tag when we get back from Tennessee! We're crazy-we'll be driving while Gustav comes for a visit!
Post a Comment