Friday, March 27, 2009

Kids Can Cook

A while back I decided that it is time for my kids to start earning their keep around here. So in addition to the standard chores, we've made a few additions. One is that they have an active role in laundry and the other is that Sydney learn to cook. This is absolutely NOT a chore for her. She loves to cook and since she got a new kid's cookbook for Christmas we are trying to put her to work once a week in the kitchen. It is all supervised, I do the instructing, chopping and oven duty, but she pretty much holds her own otherwise.
The first meal she made was a MEAN lasagna! Man it was maybe the best I've had in a long time. The next was Tuna Fish in-a-fish. It was tuna salad stuffed into pie pastry cut in the shape of a fish...pretty cute.

and here she is in action.....




and she even does dishes. What a great kiddo!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

wow! impressive!

Melissa said...

I'm impressed too! Especially since I didn't learn to cook until I got married at the ripe age of 30!

Erin said...

Will you hire her out?