She took a short break from this career path when she decided she wanted to be a cheerleader. Thankfully that was short lived!
Just before Halloween, she lost 6 teeth in 2 weeks. We don't do the tooth fairy with her, she's never believed it. But I really wanted to reward her for letting me yank her molars that were breaking into pieces from the permanent teeth growing into them. I was going to give her some cash, but I happened upon some phoney livers at the Dollar Tree and got her that instead. I was quickly deemed "The BEST MOM EVER!!!" Plus, is was the perfect accessory to her costume...a transplant surgeon, complete with her liver in a cooler.
In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving she was hounding me for something to dissect. Every time I told her we were having chicken for dinner, she would look up with hopeful eyes and ask if it was a whole chicken...she wanted the heart. So when Turkey day arrived we spent an afternoon with scalpels and gloves going to town on some turkey innards. We took blood samples, made slides for the microscope and did tissue comparisons between the livers of our 3 turkeys. She loved it, and I retained my best mom ever status!
No comments:
Post a Comment