Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Penguins!


So, better late than never, I thought I'd share some party pics from Roo's 7th birthday. We had a penguin themed party and went to see Happy Feet 2. You may well know that cake is my nemesis. However, I was determined to make an igloo cake, by myself. I did a trial run the week prior and it was kinda gross tasting so I made some changes for the real deal. I used a cake pan that hollows out the middle so you can do an ice cream cake, which this is. Simple dome cake, filled with vanilla ice cream, light blue icing, and covered in white chocolate pieces and coconut for snow.  I made a little pond with some fish in it for the cute little penguins. Those penguins were made of olive and cream cheese with carrot for nose and feet. 


For movie snacks each girl got a travel mug with a penguin on it filled with blue kool-aid and a couple snowballs. These were popcorn coated in white chocolate and formed into balls....super yummy!




Another shot of the penguins on the veggie tray. 


For crafts we made some penguin Christmas ornaments and these super cute penguin hats!
They were all so cute waddling into the movie with these on.

And all the cute little penguins! 


No comments: