Sunday, November 05, 2006

trust part 2

The last couple of weeks have been good for me. God has been very gentle with me, but very clear. It's time to put my faith and trust into action. Why bother having faith if you are unwilling to exercise it? With monumental change on the horizon, I am becoming more and more assured that its probably in my best interests to stop making sorry excuses and start following Jesus.

At Crossbridge we've been taking a look at the book of Daniel and seeing his faith in action. Some gentle reminders from the scripture today were that my faith and trust in God have got to be bigger that what I want to get from God. Are we willing to trust and follow God even if it does not yield the results and effects that we think we deserve? Will I be satisfied in him even if I never get all that I think I have earned, worked hard for, prayed for?

I've been hanging on to these lyrics to a song recently, we sang it today...
all of my days, I'll be amazed by everything you are
cause everything you are
is good for my soul
is making me whole
is making me who I'm made to be
you've opened my eyes
now I'm satisfied
this is the life that's life indeed

It's just great to remember all of who God is, how amazing he is, and how everything he is is whats good for me. That is what makes me whole, that is what satisfies, that is life. Holding on to that makes following him easier. So these days I'm finding it a little easier to trust all of who he is for all of who I am and want to be.

1 comment:

superstar said...

life just good