Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas

We've been so crazy lately, that I am just stopping to catch my breath. Between my last 2 weeks of work, Christmas parties, shopping, having a house full of sickies, and the ever fun home repairs, I am EXHAUSTED!

We've been working hard to get our house ready to sell. Its a pain. I have little doubt that we are opposed by Satan in every aspect right now since we are following God's leading over to Longpoint. We finally got the termite damage repaired and most of the house painted. then we had some car trouble, the next week the dryer broke, and last week we found a leak in a pipe. The leak is now fixed and the 2'x6' hole in my bedroom wall is now closed. My hair is white from sanding drywall, my bedroom a construction zone. Merry Christmas, hope no one wanted presents. hehe.

In all of this transition we are blessed. Even with all of the hits we've been taking. It is simply confirmation that we are indeed doing what Jesus has called us to. He's still taking care of us.

This last Sunday was our last morning at Crossbridge. It still doesn't seem real to me. We've been there since it started, watched it grow, labored to that end, and loved it! Our people are authentic and incredibly generous. We've known this, and at times experienced that generosity first hand in our times of need. It is so how the church should be. We dont just read about Christ and his teaching and go home with road rage, I see our church live it out. The way we take care of eachother and our community is wonderful. I feel very humbled and undeserving of the blessings I've been given. Bobby and I were sent off last week. Sent to serve the poor and the needy in a new church in a new way. We were sent off blessed more that we could have ever imagined. I am still dumbfounded by the generosity.... thanks. thanks a million times over.

God is teaching me to be more generous. I'm cheap. I'd say I'm just frugal, but thats a lie, I'm cheap. I struggle with spending money. I tend to want to save it for myself. Jesus and Bobby have taught me a lot about generosity. I know I have come a long way...but I still have so much room to grow. I'm learning it right now actually....that I can still be a generous and cheerful giver even when my pipes leak and my dryer is busted. I still have so much more than so many. I hope that in this season of gift giving and getting that you too will have an accurate view of your blessings and that you will be moved to bless.

more to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
Thanks for sharing your heart. We are all going to miss you guys incredibly. What a blessing to know that we have all worked together for an eternal goal and will continue to do so, even apart. Merry Christmas and thanks!