Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm on Strike!


I'm so over cleaning this house. We've had the house on the market for 4 weeks now. I've had to clean the house every day for 4 weeks. The house has to be clean and ready to show before I leave to go anywhere. And can someone guess how many times the house has shown in the last 4 weeks? yeah, not a once.

Tomorrow we are having an open house. We'll see if anyone comes to that. But in the event that someone does, the house needs to be in tip top shape. I feel like I cleaned all day and got no where. I wonder why--perhaps the Destroying Duo that followed behind me all day. I am constantly picking up after someone. This week Bobby and I finally started the "cleaning schedule". I always make fun of his OCD mom for her cleaning schedule and now I have one. I will not become a statistic. Every day there is a task to be done. I guess in theory this is a good idea. But I prefer just letting the house go until saturday and doing it all at once. Today was dusting day. Let me inform you that I am soooo allergic to dust. Dusting is not a chore I will want to do next Friday. I'm having enough allergy issues without adding dust to the mix. Then I mowed the lawn. I'm also very allergic to grass. I could have left if for Bobby to do tomorrow, but I went ahead and got a jump on the yard since he was working today and not feeling well. yeah, what a good wife am i....whatever.

I suppose I am done complaining now. I just wanted to share that I am now on strike. No more cleaning, no more laundry, no more dishes, or picking up toys, or scrubbing toilets, and NO MORE DUSTING! until tomorrow morning anyway....then it all starts again. UGH!

1 comment:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

I want to go on a cleaning strike too!!!