Monday, May 09, 2011

Turkey Zucchini Burgers and Cauliflower Fritters

Tonight I made Turkey Burgers with shredded zucchini added in to the meat. They turned out so good and the kids didn't bat an eye at the fact that there was green stuff in there....except for my favorite oldest son who doesn't like eating things when he can't pick out stuff he thinks he doesn't like. The girls loved the cauliflower fritters, again my favorite oldest son couldn't identify the ingredients so he had a hard time and my favorite baby boy didn't eat anything...he just wanted down to play with firetrucks.

Turkey Burgers with Zucchini:
ground turkey, 1 shredded zucchini, 1/4c seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs, minced garlic, a tad bit shredded red onion, salt, pepper....


Mix all these fantastic ingredients and make your patties. I heated our griddle and cooked them that way. Here's Syd's beautiful burger with all the fixings. And then there is my bunless wonder. I thought I was hungry enough for two patties, but these were really filling! Sydney however eats more than me and finished off what I couldn't! WOW!!! I guess all that running makes her super hungry. I'm sure that ketchup and maybe even the cheese is against those blasted "rules"....as was the sample of sushi I ate in the grocery store this afternoon... but frankly I don't care...I need a little wiggle room if I'm going to make this happen! Now I'm totally thinking sushi for my cheat day (and pizza and ice cream and jelly beans).





No comments: