This weekend we celebrated 7 years of holy matrimony, it really can't have been that long. But it is. I can't say I've loved every single second of it, but I wouldn't have my life any other way.
I am married to a completely wonderful and thoughtful man. Our anniversary celebrations usually only consist of a childfree evening out to dinner. Something simple. I enjoy that, and really a dinner with adult conversation and leaving without half of someones meal all over the floor is great for me! This year, however, was different.
On Thursday I received the invitation to our date. Complete with flowers cut off of our tree (i really thought he had gotten them from a neighbors...I believed our tree to be deceased) and wedding invitation lingo (the year of our Lord 2007). He had scheduled an entire day for us on Friday. At 1:30 I was treated to a massage, one my pregnant body REALLY needed. Immediately following was my haircut. I am now pleased to announce that after several years I now have a hair style. After I was done with all of that we headed over to Motherhood to buy me a dress to wear for the evening. I'm not a dress person, but he picked out a cute one and I actually liked it. Then we bought him a nice shirt to wear for dinner.
With some time on our hands before our dinner reservation, we stopped by good ol HBU. DOGS UP! We drove around campus and remembered all of the courting and silliness that happened in front of the dorms. Where we first met, where he asked me out the first time, where I said no, where he asked me out again, where I said no, and where he asked me out again, where I finally said yes. persistence saves the day!
From there we wandered the streets of Bellaire trying to remember how to get to the park where we had our first date. We found it, and sat there talking about how fun that day was. We both knew after that first date that the other person was it for us. No one else would do from now on. It was there that I was presented with a box from Zales which held a beautiful cross necklace with a diamond in the center. He went a little overboard this year, but I love it!
Then we went to dinner at Buca di Beppos. Never been there before, LOVED IT. Great Italian food. On the way home Riley called and said she wanted us to pick her up because she was "done at Grandmas house". Being the sweet momma that I am, I agreed. So we picked up a movie and ice cream and hung out the rest of the night.
There are times when I know I take this man for granted. He works so hard to provide for us so that I can stay home. He puts his life on the line every day that he goes to work. He is a wonderful spiritual leader for our family, and has such a passion for reaching God's people. He loves to do laundry and even cleans the toilets! What's not to love! I truly love him more and more everyday, and am so blessed to have this wonderful man by my side. I just needed to brag on him a little for being so thoughtful and extravagant in showing his love and adoration for me.
2 comments:
what a great day you guys had!! Bobby is so good to you! Can't wait to see you again, and your new baby... when she comes. :)
You guys rock my socks...I love you guys
Post a Comment