First we went outside to paint pictures of flowers, but the mosquitos were out of control so we came in. I thought I'd have us try our hand at a still life. We went with a bowl of fruit. I sat beside Sydney and did my own painting, doing each step before her so that she could learn. Here is the result...I'm not posting my painting for sheer embarassment that she just about showed me up.
I didn't think that Riley was paying attention, I thought she would just scribble everywhere. But I look over and there is an apple and a pear drawn on her page. I was shocked! I thought Syd had drawn on her paper when I wasn't looking, but Roo drew it all by herself. I think I have some future artists.
and here is the portrait I painted. It was a daunting task because the photo I was given was a b/w photo. So I had to get the coloring from another random pic of this lady. and I had 10 days to get it done. Its almost finished.
5 comments:
Wow. That's so fabulous. I have been wanting to teach MaryEvyn about art but I have no idea. What did you use, what "steps" did you teach? I'm completely intrigued.
wow jen, this looks amazing. You are very talented.
Wow, you're such an artist! I love that I'm learning so much about my friends through blogger. :)
Sounds like fun and I'm sure the girls had a blast! You're right... you just might have some future artists on your hands!
Syd would show me up too! I hope your girls do pick up your artistic skills. Amazing image - I'll have to show Phil.
Post a Comment