Thursday, January 03, 2008

new year, new you

I've never really been much for new years resolutions, the same is true this year. I'm not resolving to lose weight, though I still need to do it and will work for it. I will not resolve to eat healthier, though I will because Bobby has resolved to and I am his chef. I'm not resolving to be a better housewife, even though Bobby might appreciate that effort:). I am however going to ask God for big things and pray about them and expect Him to move. Instead of resolving for myself to accomplish small things, I'm going to trust and believe God for big things.


I'm determined to pray obedience into my children. :) Seriously though, I've felt challenged to pray for my girls and ask God to instill in them some qualities I have not seen in them. For Sydney its an increase in her faith. After our Christmas service at church she walked herself up to the front to talk to the pastor (her daddy) about accepting the gift of Jesus. She wants to do that and be baptised. I'm so thrilled and proud of her little 5 year old self. So I really want to see her have a faith and understanding and wisdom beyond her years.
For Roo, some obedience. Shes 3, and defiant. I know I know, its "normal", but for the love.... She loves to pray and so I amd praying for her that her love for Jesus will continue to grow. and for BabyGirl, mostly for her health and safety and that she'll grow up to learn to love Jesus too.

I want to see God move in our church community. Last year we about tripled in size...that is to say that we have 60 people instead of 20 on Sunday. But we consistently have 60 kids and youth on a Wednesday night. I really want to see all of those kids AND THEIR FAMILIES involved on Sunday. I want to see huge growth and change. Not so that we can say how great our church is, but so that we can say how great our God is, that He is changing the lives of people in our community.

To help with that we have decided again to put the house on the market and move into the "city". So we are praying that God will send a buyer for our home and provide a home for us that is large enough and affordable.

We desire a "large enough" house because we plan to expand our family yet again this year. I know that people in my family already say, "They have a new kid every time I see them...", but whatever! No, I'm not pregnant, nor do I plan to be. We want to adopt a little boy or two. We have had that desire for a while now, but we are pretty serious about the pursuit of it this year. Besides the fact that we don't seem to be able to produce males, we feel strongly about adopting a black or mixed race boy, since they for some reason are the least adopted children. There is no reason why these sweet children should not have parents to love them, so we will.

Thats what I/we hope to see happen this year. I guess I am resolved. Resolved to pursue God in prayer for these things that are impossible for me to accomplish on my own.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn!
I love your heart on what you want to pray for you kids! I love that you and Bobby want to adopt a biracial or black boy. Monty and I have talked about this too. I don't know why they are the least likely to be adopted, to me that was exactly my first choice, but that's down the road. I'll be praying for you in that. Much love to you guys!! Love the Christmas pics of the girls too, so beautiful! You do produce some cute kids!

Coffman Family said...

What a wonderful family you would be to a little boy.! I'll pray that your house sells super fast and that God literally opens the door to your next home.