Saturday, March 22, 2008

Our Big Girl on Easter

Tomorrow is Easter. Its a wonderful time to remember all that God is and all He has done in my life. I think it's really easy to go through the day to day business and not give it much thought. I vividly remember when I made the decision to follow Jesus, when I strayed, and when I came home again. What a loving God I have...he has forgiven much, and how wonderful that is!

Sydney is almost 6, tomorrow she'll be baptized. I wonder sometimes if she's too young to understand, but then I talk to her, ask her hard questions to make sure that she gets it....and she truly does. I think perhaps I am fearful that she'll be like me. I can only pray that her faith will continue to grow and that she'll always follow Him and never choose to walk away, even if for a short season.

At the end of our Christmas service she walked her little self up to the preacher (Daddy) and let him know that she wanted to accept the gift of Jesus and be baptized. Pretty darned cool! We've had many a talk about salvation and baptism and living for Jesus and the new life she's been given. It's sweet and exciting. She already has a strong desire to know more about her God, to serve Him, to pray for others to know Him too. When she grows up she wants to be a "helper for Jesus" and print Bibles....that and be a cheerleader. :)

I'll post some pics tomorrow of my baby girl doing a very big girl thing.

No comments: