It's June, school is almost out, summer is almost officially here and the insanity is about to begin. Tomorrow starts the madness. I had intended to do some yardwork in the back yard in the winter...or at the latest early spring. Unfortunately now it is in the 90s and I'm going to melt. Our flowerbed is continually overgrown with rogue grass, its impossible. Last year I tried pulling it out and spraying weed and grass killer, redoing the weed barrier stuff and within a week the dog had ruined everything. The weed block had been pulled up and soon the grass was back with a vengence. So this time I'm gonna have to actually dig it all out. Anyone bored? Need something to do???
Saturday we start our training classes for becoming licensed to foster/adopt. We were thinking of this last year before I was pregnant with Kinsey. Now that shes a little older we're jumping in to get the process rolling. We do a week long deal of training classes and then we can start the other stuff. There's health checks on everyone, paperwork to file on the animals, fire inspections at the house and a multitude of other things. Once all of that is complete (in about a month) we'll be able to being our home study. That should be sooooo much fun. ;)
As if just doing all of that was not enough, we have stuff going on almost every single day at the church AND we are putting our house back on the market! Thankfully we are taking a week to relax in Durango, CO in June.
So please pray for us as we are running around like crazy, and starting the adoption process. And pray for our house to sell and for us to find a house we like in a neighborhood we like, with schools I can send my kids to. And for my sanity.
4 comments:
cool! We're in the same boat with the fostering process checklist. My broken ankle has put us behind a bit, but we're back on track. last "big" thing to do is CPR/First Aid training before our home study. Is Bobby certified to teach that? If interested in living in Richmond, I know Rio Bend is looking for more families, let me know, we could be neighbors. :)
Hey, when are you guys in Durango? We'll be there the end of June-July 4th! If you need anything while you're there, Erin and her husband live there!
That's some busy schedule there! You'll have to post some more on the adoption process. That's something that Wes and I are considering for the future and we know squat about it.
Enjoy CO! :)
WOW, isn't it crazy after all these years we still have so much in common. We just finished the adoption process, got a new son, sold our house, bought a new one in Spring Branch (great schools by the way) and life doesn't seem to ever slow down. Let me know if you have any questions about the process, I'd love to chat with you! Sarah Little Graham
Post a Comment