Are we really already in July? Goodness. We started off our Summer at an insane pace but thankfully had a WONDERFUL vacation. We spent a week in Durango, CO. Let me tell you people, its REALLY hard to come home to Texas from Colorado...really hard. The weather was beautiful, the air was clean, the scenery was breathtaking. There were so many times I was just looking out the car window saying, "WOW!" Bobby would say, "What, Baby?" My reply, "Wow, just wow!". I've been to Colorado several times, but somehow during this trip it was more striking. I'm not going to lie, the whole time we were there I was listening to God, REALLY hoping to hear him say that we needed to start a church in Colorado somewhere. It didn't happen. Alas, we are where we are called to be...darn it!
Now we're back in Texas (for a week now) and were back to the grind with week 2 of VBS and driving to the church everyday. That gets a little old, but it's almost done with.
I've got to get back in gear for our foster/adoption process. I've got some paperwork sitting on my desk to fax. All we have left is our Dr's letters saying we are healthy, Bobby's TB test results, fire inspection, evacuation plan, and letters of recommendation. So all in all that's not a whole lot left on our list. After all of that is in we'll be able to get our home study done. I'm glad this process is going fairly quickly and smoothly. This is the easy part. I am reminded by Aaron and Jaime that adoption is NOT easy. Check out their story and please pray for them and their children that are living in Haiti.
Soon enough we'll have a child or two placed with us. They may never become our children, they may be in our home for a long while, yet never be ours. I think that will be the most gut wrenching part of the ministry we're involved with. On my own I cannot handle it. I am grateful that God is God. He is my strength and will continue to be. And as Jamie's blog reminded me, these kids are God's kids, and He's going to take care of them and see them through. I'll admit I'm a little apprehensive about all of this. So much of me wanted to just have a new baby handed to me that would definately be mine forever and then thats it. But apparently God has called my family to do something more. And if that means fostering kids for a day/week/year and then having to give them over to someone else, then He'll give me the strength to handle it.
ok...turning into a longer post than I intended....more on another day....
3 comments:
hey Jen - have you already done your PRIDE and Behavior Intervention training scheduled? That's all we need before our home study and the agency we're working with is dragging their feet on scheduling it. Let me know when yours is.
We've already completed all of our classes. I think the behavior intervention is the most fun one...its at least a little more interactive. BUT Bobby was working that night and missed it so if you get yours scheduled let me know and maybe he can join.
that definitely tells me that not all agencies are created equal! Which are you using? Looks like we won't be able to do ours until August unless we push to get trained thru another agency.
Post a Comment