Friday, October 24, 2008

The Political Blog I've Been Hesitating to Write

ok people. here it is. I was debating whether or not to, and how to, or what to say. There are a lot of reasons why I don't feel I can vote for Obama. Most of it centers around morality issues that it seems a lot of people are willing to look past. I really believe that you can not ignore the content of someones character just because we have economic issues or national security issues or healthcare issues that seem bigger and more important. I'm not certain that I can agree with McCain on every last policy, but when I look at the bigger picture I do believe that we'll be better off.

Here's an article that I would encourage you to read. This man says a lot that I wish to express, and does it better than I might.

READ THE ARTICLE HERE

And if you are an Obama supporter and would like to help me understand, please do. I'm really trying to not make this into an "I'm right, and you are wrong" thing for me. I'll admit that it's difficult for me though. I have a particularly difficult time understanding how people that love Jesus can overlook a candidates views that do not at all line up with Jesus. Esp. when that candidate says they love Jesus too. So in an effort to understand where my liberal Christ following friends are coming from---can you please explain???

4 comments:

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

This is a great article, thank you for posting!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen. I'm working on a series of posts with links on my blog. The first is about abortion. The links didn't work, but the addresses are there. Keep up the great questions!

Melissa said...

I've been wondering the same thing... thanks for doing the asking. :)

Anonymous said...

Good question!