Erin posted about a cookbook party, so since I haven't posted in a while I thought this was something I could handle. Having 4 kids at home this summer is very busy and exhausting...and yes its only gonna get worse :)
So here's the scoop:
What is your favorite, go-to, never fail, use it all the time cookbook (or magazine)? and why?
I too am big on the Kraft Magazines. They are not the most spectacular meals of all time but they are simple and fast. My main requirements are that a recipe is simple and takes under 45 minutes. It's hard to do anything for dinner that takes a lot of effort when I have a little girl that insists on standing on my feet the whole time.
I have a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that I go to every once in a while. I also find newer stuff on the BHG website. Oh and I also grab the mags and recipe guides from HEB, they have some really good stuff even if you substitute the expensive "Central Market" items with a cheaper option.
Where do you keep your cookbooks/recipes?
Kraft Mags are in a magazine holder on my counter since they get the most use. The cookbooks and recipe books are in the pantry.
Do you menu plan? If so, what gets made every week?
I have to plan a menu or nothing will get cooked! When I was working I used to plan a whole month of meals, then when I started staying home I did every 2 weeks....now I'm just week to week. There's not one thing that gets made every week, but we eat a lot of homemade pizza, and mexican food. Some variation of tacos, tostadas, or chimichangas happens on a regular basis. I also try to base our meals on what meat is on sale that week, or I stock up on sale items for upcoming weeks.
What are we eating this week?
I don't cook big meals when the man isn't going to be home for dinner, which is 3 nights a week. So last night we had leftovers from the weekends shindig. Tonight we're having leftovers from the weekends shindig. Really I'm using the chicken that we had left and making some chicken salad wraps or pitas. Wednesdays we eat at church. Thursdaywe've got tostadas, spanish rice, guacamole and refried beans (leftover from the weekends shindig). Friday we'll have some pork stir fry (with leftover meat from the weekends shindig), fried rice and some eggrolls. I haven't thought all the way through to the weekend yet since I don't really have to go shopping for much this week. Can you tell that we have a LOT of food leftover? Bobby just went ahead and grilled everything knowing it would be the gift that keeps on giving.
Speaking of food...the natives are getting hungry for lunch...
1 comment:
I need in on this "weekend shindig" I think!!
Thanks for playing! I wouldn't have taken you for a meal planner. Interesting!
Now you need to post some prego pics since I never see you anymore!!
P.S. Tell Bobby I said Hey!
Post a Comment