Kinsey has just turned 3 and Jeremiah will soon be one, so I figured that while they are young we can have joint parties and they won't know the difference. We went with a Dr. Seuss theme since its a load of fun and gender neutral. I really can't believe that they are both so big so soon! Jeremiah made the day even more notable because he FINALLY decided to get a move on! Almost 1 and not really crawling yet, but he did start the army crawl. I guess progress is good. He's just a super content, super lazy boy who has lots of people to pick him up and tote him around.
Here are some pics from the special day:
These invites turned out really cute and were super easy to make. I just printed them out and mounted them on red card stock.
...here are a few of the decorations...
Loved that quote from The Lorax, pretty fitting.
and now on to the good stuff, the food!
and now on to the good stuff, the food!
Had to go with Green Eggs and Ham on this one! I just added food coloring to the Deviled Eggs and made some Ham and Cheese Sliders. These sliders turned out super good! I used Hawaiian bread and topped them with a buttery mustard spread and poppy seeds. Delish! We also had fruit skewers, potato salad (thanks Mom), a veggie tray and little smokies sausages.
Instead of baking a cake, or should I say ATTEMPTING to bake a cake I made a batch of cake balls (not pictured), and these super cute cupcakes to resemble Thing 1 and Thing 2. Special thanks to Christina and Sarah Coke for making the cake topper for me! Just a note about the cupcakes...I used cotton candy for the "hair" and it does totally melt, so put it on right before serving. We also had Swedish Fish for the One Fish, Two Fish reference.
And here are the birthday kids in their Cat in the Hat hats, and others of them thoroughly enjoying their cupcakes. Jeremiah has never had so much sugar in his life, and he could not get his fist full of cake to his mouth fast enough!
It was pretty crazy having both of the kids open their presents together, and oh what a mess! But they absolutely had a great time, and hopefully our guests did too!

4 comments:
that was a dang good party! quick poll - did the playdoh party favors turn anyone else's bathwater purple, or was it just us? "why we not pupose-to put playdoh in da bath mama?"
what a great idea for a party! looks like loads of fun...
Jen, this is very creative party theme, and I love it!!! Can't go wrong with Dr. Seuss, cupcakes, and cotton candy (presents don't hurt, either).
love love love the party idea!!! i might have to use that one for Dante!! :) great pics!!! kinsey and miah looked so cute!! she is so beautiful and he is a gorgeous lil boy!!
Post a Comment