We're making an effort to eat more healthy, minimizing our carbs and upping our protein intake since we're both working out pretty hard right now. I've replaced all of our rice with Barley and Quinoa. I found some on sale last week at HEB so I'm stocked up for a LONG time! We eat eggs every morning for breakfast and I usually eat any leftovers or a salad or a can of tuna for lunch.
So here's whats on the dinner menu this week. BTW, I'm very thankful that my kids are not picky eaters! I try to give them at least one night a week that they get to choose the meal. Usually when Bobby is at the fire station we eat more kid friendly and FAST prep food.
Monday:
Toasted Quinoa Salad with Scallops and Snowpeas
Eggrolls (splurge)
Tuesday:

Almond Crusted Chicken
Zucchini with Parmesan
Bulgur and Red Quinoa
Cinnamon Baked Apples (dessert)
Wednesday: I don't cook for the whole family on wednesdays since the kids eat at church. This week its just me so I'll eat a meal replacement protein bar
Thursday:
Pork Chops
Mashed "Potatoes" (actually its one potato and mostly mashed cauliflower)
and Steamed Broccoli
Friday (kids choice):

Eggrolls (splurge)
Tuesday:
Almond Crusted Chicken
Zucchini with Parmesan
Bulgur and Red Quinoa
Cinnamon Baked Apples (dessert)
Wednesday: I don't cook for the whole family on wednesdays since the kids eat at church. This week its just me so I'll eat a meal replacement protein bar
Thursday:
Pork Chops
Mashed "Potatoes" (actually its one potato and mostly mashed cauliflower)
and Steamed Broccoli
Friday (kids choice):
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Green Beans
Saturday:

Tortellini Primavera
Side Salad
Green Beans
Saturday:
Tortellini Primavera
Side Salad
Sunday:
We eat sandwiches when we get home and then a really easy quick dinner.
This week it'll be Chili Dogs, Carrots, and fruit.
We eat sandwiches when we get home and then a really easy quick dinner.
This week it'll be Chili Dogs, Carrots, and fruit.
Hope you find something you like!
Most of these recipes can be found at www.eatingwell.com (my new favorite site)
3 comments:
I LOVE this! I hate to menu plan but I have to since I can't cook on the fly. It also makes a huge difference in my day/week when I know the plan! Thanks for the ideas and the new recipe link! Totally gonna make that zucchini on Thursday! When I get a chance, I'll post my menu plan!
I am amazed at your creativity, Jen! I HATE meal planning, only after cooking. I have been working on eating healthier also. Just found out that I probably am gluten sensitive so I am looking for new recipes. The fact that you can do this with all your kids inspires me! I am tired of the same old stuff! I recently found "The Daniel Plan" based on Rick's Warren's need to lose weight. He has Dr. Oz helping him and it's free. Check it out @www.saddleback.com/the danielplan.
Jen,
For some reason, the blog thinks I'm Amanda, but this is Dionne. I posted the last comment.
Post a Comment