Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bathroom Re-do

This summer has been so crazy busy I haven't felt like I have had time to get anything accomplished, then I came to the understanding that maybe I'm just a little lazy. I'd rather be in the garage than cleaning the kitchen. I feel like cleaning the house and picking up after 5 little people is a never ending job, and in the garage I can at least finish something.

So the ugly truth is that I'm lazy some days. And while it seems I do a lot, I also do a lot of nothing. I look at the laundry that needs washing or folding and wish it would do itself. The bathrooms go uncleaned, the floors go unmopped. So in an effort to be a decent housewife, and show love for my husband by having a clean house I am trying to get organized and keep a cleaner house.

Fortunately that also means I might need to build a piece of furniture or two to get that accomplished! This week I had several projects in the works in the garage and decided to get them finished and into the house where they belong. One is still waiting for it's final coat of paint, but the other two are in.

I built this over the toilet shelf for the kids bathroom. It's mostly for decoration, but it sure does pull the room together.




I also had a few extra minutes of spare time before a birthday party on Saturday so I whipped out this little step stool for them too. Now Kinsey, Mo and, Miah can wash their hands with out climbing on top of the toilet to reach the sink! And maybe, just maybe, Miah will decide to pee in the potty now that he will be tall enough....not holding my breath for that one though.



So how about a little before and after? That would be nice wouldn't it, too bad. I sure wish I had a before from WAY before, when the cabinet was birch colored with a white door, when the faucet was the one that came with the house 16 years ago and there was a standard ugly medicine cabinet instead of the mirror. Why didn't I take that pic? Oh well, here is the current.



So one room is down, there's a lot more to go, a lot more furniture to build!

4 comments:

October Smith said...

So...would you like to come over and help me put an additional sink in the girls bathroom? It would require a plumbing project I am not sure how to tackle... :)

Katherine Chalkley said...

I have these days, too, Jen...
Wish that I had a fairy godmother, a Mary Poppins, or a set of three fairies (like Aurora in Sleeping Beauty) to magically wave something or sing a tune to make the laundry do itself and the toilet brush itself. Forget "Calgon"..."Walt Disney, take me away!"

snapladylisa said...

Your bathroom looks great. Good work!
Isn't it amazing how fast a house can get totally disgusting? Like, you can have it perfectly beautiful, and three hours later, it seems like all that work evaporated. And training my kids to pick up after themselves is harder than doing it myself, but I keep telling myself I don't want to be doing it myself when they're older, so I have work on them now...

Jen said...

Tob,
Yeah I can help with the sink, I seem to have done my grunt work in plumbing....