Friday, September 14, 2007

What My Name Is?

Riley, Mommy and Daddy sitting on the couch.

Riley says, "Daddy, you are Robert."
Daddy replies, "That's right. Who else am I?"
blank stares follow
Daddy asks, "What do they call me at church?"
"Bobby," answers the Roo.
Mommy asks, "What does Mommy call Daddy?"
Riley responds (get ready for this...) "Bad things that I'm not allowed to say."

After much hysterical laughing I repeat the question and she answers correctly, "Phillip."

Last week she tells my mother in law, "Mommy hit Daddy." When she was asked why mommy hit daddy she responded, "because Daddy hit Mommy." This prompted an immediate call from my mother in law to confirm the story and make sure she knows whether or not her son is beating me. good grief.

This kid is a piece of work....I don't know where she comes up with this stuff.

3 comments:

casey said...

very very funny. :) can't wait to meet the newest delgado!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Maybe it's a middle daughter thing! When our middle was little, (excuse the rhyme!) her Sunday School teacher called us to tell us something she thought we ought to know. Seems middle had requested prayer for us because we had been married 3 times because we had 3 daughters...still haven't figured that one out!

Melissa said...

Oh, wow... that's funny!