Sunday, April 03, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

Its that time again for Monday Monday Monday...Meal Planning Monday!

Last week's recipes were a hit. Especially the Quinoa with Scallops and Snow Peas. It was EXCELLENT!

I'm pretty much flying solo this week, Bobby's got a stacked work week so its a lot of fast and kid friendly stuff.


Monday:
Jumpin' Jimmy's Gumbo
over bulgur and quinoa instead of rice
Side salad

Tuesday:
Tacos with
Refried beans (homemade)
Fiesta Tomato & Chipotle Rice

Wednesday:
Omelet with spinach and mushrooms (and whatever else I have sitting around)

Thursday:
Mac n Cheese (with pureed squash and carrots)
and mixed veggies

Friday:
Date night!

Saturday:
homemade pizza
Side Salad

Sunday:
Sausages and dogs on the grill

Not much in the way of interesting food this week, so maybe next week will be better!
Pizza night may be our most exciting culinary evening since the kids get to do their own toppings. Still searching for the perfect crust though. The last deep dish recipe I tried was definitely an improvement so I'll probably just keep tweaking that one.

happy eating!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I think I need to know about these homemade refried beans you keep referring to.