I'm back at it this week which means that in a few short minutes I'll be escorting my 5 kids to the grocery store. I think I'll feed them an early dinner first, then maybe they won't be begging me for everything through the store. No one really needs a repeat of the worst grocery experience ever.
So here's whats up for this week!
Monday: To indulge my hubs love affair with Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen I have found a recipe that is supposed to be just like theirs. We shall see! I'll be baking the chicken not frying it and probably going boneless skinless cause bones and skin are gross. :)
Wednesday:
Again, Wednesdays I try not to cook, or to do something easy since its just me and Bobby eating...this week I'm sure I'll be in the mood for a $5 pizza from a cheapo place on the way home from church!
Again, Wednesdays I try not to cook, or to do something easy since its just me and Bobby eating...this week I'm sure I'll be in the mood for a $5 pizza from a cheapo place on the way home from church!
Thursday:


Asian Turkey Meatballs with Sesame Lime Dipping Sauce
Eggs Rolls
and Fried Rice Style Quinoa
Friday:
In honor of Cinco de Mayo (after the fact) we're having some great food!!! Buckle up!!!
In honor of Cinco de Mayo (after the fact) we're having some great food!!! Buckle up!!!
Tacos a lengua (which for those of you who must know is shredded cow tongue)
Homemade refried beans
Spanish Rice (or rice with pablano peppers and corn)
Homemade refried beans
Spanish Rice (or rice with pablano peppers and corn)
Guacamole
Queso
Chips and Salsa
Queso
Chips and Salsa
Several of you have inquired about these refried beans of mine. I seem to make a pot every week and they sure do last! But thoughout the week we'll have egg and bean tacos for breakfast, beans and quinoa for lunch or bean and cheese quesadillas. Totally worth making a big pot.
See another post for the recipe.
Saturday:

Turkey Burgers
Cauliflower Fritters
Fruit Salad
Cauliflower Fritters
Fruit Salad
Sunday:
eat what ever you can find!


2 comments:
Man, thanks for the receta de refritos! Yum...but a whole pkg. of bacon? Turkey bacon at least?
Okay, question number two: where do you get the plethora of quinoa options? I have not found it ANYwhere at my Kroger and at the HEB it is dang expensive for a little bag of it.
And, by the way, I'm posting my meal plan on my blog right now!!
Erin, at kroger I picked up a bag of pinto beans that had ham "flavoring" included. I used that instead of bacon this last time. and yes you could use just half a package. turkey bacon just isn't the same...
As for the quinoa, yes super pricey. I lucked out about a month ago and found some bulgar/quinoa mix on clearance at HEB for 74cents a pack. They were small packs but I bought a ton and it has lasted a good while. We are coming to the end of it though...
I'll let you know where I find a good price!
Post a Comment