Thursday, March 22, 2007

Floppy Jones

Riley has been nicknamed Floppy Jones since birth. As an infant she'd test your baby handling skills by flopping over to the side or backwards at inopportune times, just to keep you on your toes. As a toddler she is the most clumsy thing. She is virtually incapable of walking after 8 p.m. She's always running straight into stuff or falling over or tripping over those invisible things in her way. Last night was no exception.

So, I ended up heading up the preschool class last night, and I am so glad I had some help in there with those kids since Riley pulled a classic Jones maneuver. She tripped over who knows what and landed smack on the corner of the wall, busting her forehead wide open! I saw her fall, but didn't see her hit, so i just scooped her up and held her. Then another lady said for me to check her face. so I check her and man is there blood everywhere! all over her face her hand from grabbing her head and all over me. Head injuries bleed like crazy.



I was hoping someone had some butterfly closures somewhere, otherwise we were going to go get some stitches. We found the first aid kit and fixed her all up-good as new. This morning it only took one butterfly to keep it together, and shes looking good. Though she's complaining that she is sick, which is her way of telling me her head is hurting, as it should be.

See, there is never a shortage of excitement in our lives!

No comments: