Friday, December 26, 2008

Foster Update

I thought I'd hop on to give an update on us. First I want to thank you all for your prayers! This week has been notably different. Mo and Kinsey are getting along and playing nicely together. The outright bullying has pretty much ended. There's been no more biting.

I think this week we've gotten to a place where he's acting like a normal 2 year old boy. This doesn't mean that the girls are totally thrilled with him though. You can direct some prayers for Ri. She has decided that she doesn't want to like him, play with him, tolerate him, share with him...nothing...no love from the Roo.

I think they just don't understand that if this boy was born out of my womb, and had lived with us for his whole life, the chances are that he'd still think its funny to steal their stuff, he'd still be rough and want to wrestle, he'd still like to spit at them and pull their hair. Thats what boys do right? I had a brother and that sounds about right on.

So all in all we are in a pretty good place now. He wasn't in time out at all today and we had no major incidents and he and Kins had a great time playing together.

Thanks for praying and keep on doing that. Also keep praying for his mom. I'll admit this is hard for me. that's bad right? But we've gotta, he should be with her if its possible. Shes trying to make a fresh start, and has a new place to live. So pray that she can get it together, stay on top of her bills, get a steady paycheck and be ready to step up and be the mom she needs to be for Mo.

I'll be back soon with Christmas goodies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel, we've had Devin a little over 6 months now and the adoption is official and there are still days that are so difficult that I have to remind myself that this is whats best for him and I need to suck it up and try to remember what he has been through...BUT its SO hard and I will continue to pray for you. I think of you often, especially since you've had the new addition. I can't imagine adding one of my boys to a family with 3 girls, its just SO different!
Sarah